Friday, September 19, 2014

Favorite Season: Fall

What's your favorite season and why?

Fall is my favorite season. The main reasons I love fall are because my birthday is in November and Thanksgiving. My birthday has always been a pretty low key affair but I love getting to spend time with my family and friends to celebrate another year past. It also makes the perfect excuse for a nice dinner out and pumpkin pie instead of birthday cake.

I have never been a big friend of Halloween, especially as I grew up. I never liked the stress of having to come up with a costume idea and then find the time to get the pieces to create it. Also my frugal side hated the idea of getting an outfit that I could only wear for one day.

Some of my favorite things about fall are ...

- The Clothes. As a knitter I am a big fan of the return of knits, such as hats, scarves, cardigans, and sweaters. I am also a fan of all the layers. It is the perfect season to wear jeans but they aren't yet boring and there is still the ability to wear dresses and skirts with tights.

- New TV Shows. I am a major TV junkie and the fall always means the release of new TV shows and the return of old favorites. What shows are you loving forward too?

- Colder Weather. Cold water has always been my preferred temperature. While it doesn't always get to cold in NorCal in the fall. The temperature defiantly gets lower in october after the indian summer. With the cold comes warm beverages and cozying up under blankets at night.

- Sports. I played field hockey though out high school. And fall was the season we played. Because of this and a few seasons of soccer as a child fall has always been about staying late for practice and running in the cool air. As I grew up I got really interested in major league sports. Weather it is the baseball playoffs (GO Giants and A's) or the start of football season the fall is always filled with team to cheer on and games to attend.

- The Food. Another thing I love about autumn is the food. Carmel apples, turkey, pumpkin everything, candy oh my. There are so many foods that I associate with fall. Some of my favorites are those you eat at thanksgiving. Especially stuffing, turkey, brown and serve rolls and cranberry sauce. Fall is also the season for pumpkin flavored everything. From the pumpkin candle burning to pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin pie. For me fall is all about the pumpkin flavored items.

No comments:

Post a Comment