Saturday, December 8, 2012

Social Sunday: Holidays


Today I'm link up for Sunday Social. The theme is about holiday traditions and favorites.

Sunday Social

1. Favorite Holiday Movies/TV Specials? 
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514MEKQT45L._SL500_SS500_.jpg
Denny's it's an American institution.

The Holiday, Love Actually, The Santa Clause (1,2, and 3), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (live action), Elf, Polar Express
2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do?
I don't do any volunteering but would love to volunteer at a animal shelter or donate knit hats/ scarves to a homeless shelter.
3. Favorite toy received as a Child for the Holidays?
 One of my favorite presents was a mini snow globe tree. I wanted it for two years and was so thrilled when I got it and it was set up next to the tree. It was Disney themed and has a bunch of different Disney characters in each snow globe. We still put it up every Christmas and I am always so happy when I see it up in the family room.
4. What was your must have item in high school for the Holidays?
My iPod nano and ipod mini. I loved those iPods and still have the nano.
5. Item you begged for the most and never got?
http://www.legaljuice.com/barbie%20car%20.jpg

One of those little kid sized cars especially the barbie one.
6. What do you do on Christmas Eve? If you are Jewish what does your family do for Hanukkah?
On Christmas Eve, we watch Christmas movies and open one present that is always pjs to wear for the night. We also always end up having to separate through out the house to wrap presents. Are celebrations for Hanukkah depend on when it falls with relation to the end of school. If we are home from college we do the eight nights of a fried food where we try different place in the neighborhood that make different fried foods. For example one year we choose donuts and tried out a bunch of bakeries. If I'm away from home (like this year) I don't celebrate a lot except listen to Adam Sandler's Hanukkah songs.

What are you holiday favorites? traditions?

Zoe

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Sunday Social to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I love Adam Sandler's Hanukkah song. I love your blog and am your newest follower... maybe you'd like to hop on over and follow me back? ;-)

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete