Friday, June 29, 2012

Book Review: Smitten


This week I finished listening to Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Diann Hunt and Denise Hunter and narrated by Pam Turlow.
 Good Reads Summary:
With Smitten Lumber closing, residents wonder if their town can stay afloat. Then four friends and local business owners decide the town is worth saving: they'll turn it into a honeymoon destination. Little do they know that love is already on the way.
 Smitten
I enjoyed this book and the unique premise  of turning an industry town into a tourist destination.  I found the four stories to be a little unrealistic, but considering the length of each novella that makes sense. one of my favorite parts were Mia's wreaths all around town and the way each author incorporated them in to their stories. In terms of the narration I thought all the characters had distinct voices making it clear to tell when the speaker changed. Overall I enjoyed each of the four stories and would recommend it to anyone in the mood for a fun light listen.

2 comments:

  1. This book has such a beautiful cover, that I'd love to just won it. But I'm not normally a fan of short stories, so I'm not sure if this is one I'd actually wind up reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds super romantic! :)

    ReplyDelete