Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday: Netflix Binge TV Shows


Just Peachy

The topic for Top % tuesday this week is Netflix Binge shows. This is the perfect topic because, I watch most of my TV on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu (oh the joys of life without cable). Therefore I have curated quite a list of Netflix shows. My current favorites are ...



  • Bones. I LOVE Bones. I have seen every episode at least 3 times and still love them. It is a perfect show to watch a lot of in one sitting and to watch just one as a break. Since I know it pretty well I sometimes put it on while working on other stuff for background noise.


  • Supernatural. My current Netflix show is Supernatural. The show centers on Sam and Dean, brothers who are demon hunters. I generally don't like scary paranormal movies but this show is a great mix of scary, episode plot lines, and an overarching mystery that unfolds throughout the seasons. I have only finished the first two seasons and I am already hooked.


  • Dance Academy. This show is about students who study dance (mainly ballet) at the national academy in Sydney (the show is filmed for Australian TV). I am a sucker for anything concerning dance. With only 3 series/seasons it is a great show to binge on over a long weekend. 


  • Heartland. Heartland is another non-american TV show. It is about life on Heartland horse ranch and Amy, a young horse whisperer. I was told about this show when a Canadian blog I read mentioned it and have been hooked ever since. Much like dancing I love anything about horses, making this show perfect. There are currently 4 seasons on Netflix, though the show is still on in Canada (up to 7 season) so there are plenty more coming to Netflix in the future.


  • Baby Daddy. I watched the first few episodes of Baby Daddy when it first came out on ABC Family but the life got in the way. I picked up the show again on Netflix while looking for a light comedy and it hit the spot perfectly. The cast is great including Tahj Mowey (from smart guy), and Melissa Peterman (from Reba), and the beautiful Danny Weeler.
Bonus:
For Amazon Prime I love Veronica Mars and Awkward. They are two great high school dramas.

No comments:

Post a Comment