Friday, October 18, 2013

Book Club Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

For book club friday I am reviewing The Statistical Probability of love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith.




Summary
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

Review
*Note rewritten post as blogger deleted first attempt*

I though this book was fabulous. I loved the relation ship between Hadley and Oliver. I liked how they just seemed to fit and perfectly compliment each other. I thought their conversations were always witty and natural. I also like that the book was written from Hadley’s point of view. It was fun to read how Hadley thought the situation was going.

I also liked reading about Hadley’s relationship with the father. In the book Hadley is heading to London for her father’s wedding even though she hasn’t seen him in a long time. Before her parents split they were very close with a lot of inside jokes, that all went away when her dad moved to London. I loved finding out what happened when they see each other again and how it made Hadley feel. It all seemed very believable and realistic. I also enjoyed how Oliver helped Hadley deal with her feelings about her father.

The only thing that was frustrating about the book was the lack of math. As a math nerd I thought from the title that the boon might have something to do with math. However it was never really mentioned in the book. I guess that’s what I get for judging a book by its title.


Overall this was an excellent read that I would recommend for any one who likes teen romances or romances that involve travel and airports.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many great things about it! I've been wanting to read it for a while, and based on everything I've heard think I'll love it too. Although it's too bad it isn't more "math-y" because that would probably make me run out and read it now.

    ReplyDelete