Monday, December 12, 2011

Finals Survival Guide

I have been really busy this last week with finals and end-of-semester craziness. I thought I would do a post on some of the things that are getting me though finals.
1) Good Snacks

Every semester during reading period I go to the local Safeway and pick up some special snacks to break the monotony of cafeteria food and make finals more fun. Some of my favorites are mini peanut butter cups, caramel rice cakes, and
cheese-its (I love cheese-it, as in i buy boxes from Costco), my favorite flavor are the Parmesan Cheddar Duoz.

2) To-do Lists

I make tons of to-do lists and schedules around finals. I make lists of what I have to do for each class, what to do for each paper (i.e. write introduction, conclusion, edit) and I meticulously schedule each day (essential during reading period where there aren't classes to structure my day around)

3) Highlighters and Colored Pens

Highlighters and colored pens make hours of studying in the dreary library a little more fun and help to break up the endless pages of notes and power-point slides.

4) Coffee

I always have tons of extra dining points at the end of the semester so i go crazy and get "fancy" drinks from the on-campus, student run coffee shop. I love getting eggnog lattes and peppermint white mochas because they remind me that Christmas is almost here even when it feels like the work is never ending.

5) Taking breaks

While I spend a majority of the time around finals in the library or the science buildings studying or writing lab reports, it is important to remember to take breaks and relax. One of my favorite ways to relax is to watch a movie or cop show on netfilx on demand. Some of my recent favorites have been The Glades and Mansfield Park (I love all things Jane Austen).

I hope every one's finals are going well.
What do you do to get through finals?

No comments:

Post a Comment